Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A New Love


Hello everyone! This is my first blog ever, and I am excited to learn about how it can be used with my ESL students. I have my undergraduate degree in interdisciplinary studies and have some experience teaching Kindergarten. I always thought my true love would be Kindergarten, but I think that has changed slightly since I worked with Japanese students in Japan. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and I fully appreciate the struggle second language learners go through. I moved to Japan without any language training and I lived in a very remote fishing village with only two other western foreigners. Needless to say, it was a crash course for me to learn the culture and language! Because of the difficulties I experienced in Japan and the kindness I was given I want to teach ESL and help other students who may be struggling. I hope that I will be able to work with young students again, just preferably in an ESL setting. :)

1 comment: